Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lost

I started going to Sonrise about a year and a half ago...Father's day of 2009 to be exact. Pastor appreciation week (or month?) was in October and I wrote to one of the pastors at Sonrise telling him what an inspiration he had been to my newly found faith, and that he and his worship team were what kept me coming back each week. He wrote back telling me how moved he was with my appreciation letter and encouraged me to call on him or any of the other pastors at anytime. Over the next few months I would be in contact with him and was able to get through a very hard time with help from him. He gave me guidance when I was lost, he encouraged me when I wanted to give up, he prayed for me when things got bad (or good!), and most importantly he became a very close friend to me and my family.
I just got word today that he was resigning from Sonrise. I don't know all the details of his resignation, nor do I need to, but I can't help but feel a little lost knowing he's leaving.

You will be missed JW.

No comments: