Friday, January 7, 2011

Babies.

A couple days ago, Megan, an old friend of mine had a baby. At a time when I would have typically been a part of this celebration, I was instead hearing of the event from a mutual friend. Although at first I played it off as though I could care less that she was about to deliver, the truth is I was super excited for her and a bit sad that I wasn't partaking in the celebration. We started out as enemies in middle school, but late into our high school years we became close. After high school she and I would grow even closer, and she would introduce me to my ex (and now, best friend), Brandon whom I was with for many years. Megan and I always had a rocky relationship. We always had trust issues and we always seemed to brew up some kind of conflict between each other...usually over the most ridiculous things. Last year we had another blow up and basically wrote each other off. We haven't spoken since March.

Megan was there for me during one of the hardest times of my life. Although I probably never told her, I appreciated her SO much and I felt SO blessed to have her friendship. Megan helped me "figure out" my faith and encouraged my walk with Christ. She laughed with me when I told her how ridiculous I felt crying in church, and admitted that she too had moments like that! She and I had more good times together than not...and I hope she can remember those times as well.

I am so excited for Megan and Stephen and their new little addition. They will be great parents...God willing Megan has cleaned out her car (hehehehe!)! I am hopeful that in the future she and I will be able to rekindle some level of friendship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess my suggestion would be to pick up the 500# phone and call her..or maye cut and paste the blog and send her an email...just some unsolicited advice from an old man that doesnt know squat ...dont live with any regrets Gretchen.
dad