Monday, January 24, 2011

Making Big Plans?

So I was talking with a friend today about how I feel like I need to set some big goals for this year. 2010 was a pretty huge year for me: buying the house, finishing school, and doing it alone I might add...I just feel like I need to keep it going and make something great happen in 2011. Here are some ideas I've been coming up with:

1) GET FIT. We started a twelve week fitness challenge at work at the beginning of the year. In an attempt to lose a little extra weight and tone my mom-body, I joined the challenge and have been working out regularly. My body feels more in shape than ever, although I know I have a lot more work to do! While "get fit" is a pretty broad term, I think it will satisfy the things I'm working towards for my physique!

2) COOK IT UP. I've mentioned before how I struggle...okay suck, at cooking. I've tried harder since Aaron moved out, but for the most part I stick to the staples of pizza, spaghetti, beef and noodles, tacos, etc...things that my toddlers could make. Although I blame it on the lack of mouths I'm feeding, the reality is that I just don't know how to cook. Perhaps I'll take a cooking class or find a personal chef to teach me (Nicky, you think your hubby is available!?). Overall, I just need to be open to trying new things in the kitchen.

3) TEND TO OLD FRIENDSHIPS. Recently I have been lucky enough to reconnect with two of my old high school friends. They were two of my best friends growing up and it's been nice catching up with them, albeit on facebook, but it's a start. We've all grown up and started families, and I think it's just time to bury the hatchet and move on. Woot woot!

Like I said, 2010 was a HUGE year for me. I'm hoping that 2011 can top last year! All of my friends are getting married or having babies, and while that's DEFINITELY not in my future, I still think great things can happen for me this year! Here's to 2011!!!

No comments: