Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Unconventional or Just Downright Brilliant?!


I read an article this afternoon titled "Unconventional Relationships." After reading and rereading this article, I got to thinking...maybe this is the route to go!
As someone who has become extremely independent, especially when it comes to my living conditions, this separate sleeping quarters, coast-to-coast dwelling seems perfect! I mentioned in a previous blog that I like to consider myself an expert on relationships(granted, as a single gal!). It seems to me that relationships are hard enough, even with the stars all aligned, so if there's a chance to make things a tad bit easier, why not!? Is living together every single day really THAT important? And why must we torture ourselves by sleeping with our slobbery mate if the truth is we really hate it. What part of "til death do us part" includes "in the same bed?"
I hate that relationships have to fit this "mold"...the man should be the one responsible for the bills, a man should make more money, the wife should cook, clean, and pop out babies (okay that may be more of an anatomy issue than anything). But why can't things just be based more on a case-by-case situation? Why does everything have to be accepted based on traditions? Thank you "Unconventional Relationship" article, for reminding me that my single life is pretty gnarly!

2 comments:

andrea said...

sleeping in the same bed is waaaay overrated. i think i'm just as happy by myself sprawled out diagonally without dealing with snoring, blanket stealing or an alarm clock that goes off much earlier than i need to get up!

g said...

even though I may get in trouble for this, I tend to agree. each relationship is different and the two people in one have to decide what's right for them. there are nights that I'd prefer to sleep alone and not have a human furnace wrapped around me.