Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh yeah, time to mother again.

So Christmas was an absolute blur (with the exception of receiving my Michael Kors bag, of course!). Having a split family it makes it difficult on everyone. I decided that next year the kids and I will probably skip the extended-family Christmas and just go to my parents' houses to celebrate. It's more than enough!
The day after Christmas, we celebrated baby Andy's third birthday! It was just a simple party, with cake and ice cream and a few gifts! Again, staying the night at mom's after a long Christmas day just isn't my forte' and I've decided that Anderson's birthday parties will be held at OUR house from here on out. After spending thirty minutes unloading the mini-toy store from the back of the Murano into my kitchen, and then the following two days finding homes for the slew of gifts, I realized that not only is my house too small, but I also have very spoiled children! Hehehe!
Aaron and his brother came for a visit on the 26th. My house was still in shambles and adding two more people to the mix just threw what little zen I had completely out of wack! Anderson was sick from the 24th until today (and even today is still filled with thick green snot..YUMMY!). Aaron stayed home with the kids on Monday and Tuesday while I worked. I came home both days to a yummy dinner, clean (and happy) kids, and essentially nothing to do. He put them to bed both days, woke up with them both mornings, etc. It was heavenly!
I woke up this morning to Anderson whimpering at my bedside. It hit me like a ton of bricks..."Oh yeah, time to mother again. I'm back on!" LOL!
The break was fantastic and I appreciate the time away from the little munchkins, but at the end of the day I'm ready to be their number one again!

No comments: