Wednesday, December 1, 2010

86'ing Dining Out


Traditionally New Years resolutions come on January 1st, but my resolution is beginning today. With the change of the month comes the ban on dining out for me and the kids. Not only is it insanely unhealthy (and stressful with two small kids), but my budget just won't allow it anymore. I get paid once a month. After paying this month's bills (and alloting extra money for Christmas gifts), we cannot afford the normal weekly trips to our favorite local mexican restaraunt. Booo!!! I am also nixing my lunchtime trips to McDonalds and other nearby establishments. In an attempt to assure the success of this veto, I have enlisted the help of my co-workers.
I have noticed that I've started to put on some extra poundage. Although I'd like to consider it resourceful, ya know extra layering for the cold temperatures, I realize that I'm very unhappy with my body right now as I feel myself ballooning into a near-pregnancy weight! (Wow, I really just put that all out there, huh?!) I realized I had two choices...either the wine or the burgers! Buh bye burgers, CHEERS!

Wish me luck as I embark on this dine-at-home journey...who knows, maybe I'll actually learn to cook?! BAHAHAHAHA! Let's not go that far!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!

You'll save money, loose weight, and grow in your cooking skills! Awesome!!

JW