Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Neighborhood Kris Kringle(s)

Many of you already know the heart-warming story of a little boy who wanted Christmas lights hung on his house in time for Christmas...but for those of you who aren't familiar with it-- it goes like this:

We drove through the neighboring housing additions, admiring the perfectly placed holiday decor. My kids sat in the backseat, wide-eyed, mouths-opened, just "ooing" and "aww-ing" at the bright, flashing lights. Their little eyes sparkled as I looked in the backseat at them, obsessing over how awesome these other houses were. My heart broke a little because I knew there was no way I'd hang lights on our house this year. The idea of propelling myself up on the rooftop in the snow and wind doesn't rank anywhere near the top hundred activities on my "fun list"--no, not even for my kids! It just wasn't going to happen for my little elves this year.
Anderson asked a hundred questions like, "Why can't daddy hang the lights for us?" to which I replied, "Daddy won't be here before Christmas and it'll be too late once he does get here." Then Anderson thought, "I'll ask Crampa to hang lights." "Anderson, Crampa can't do it either. He won't have a ladder tall enough." Then the best one yet, "I'm going to ask Santa if he'll just hang lights on my house before Christmas." The boy sure knows how to tug on my heart-strings! I was telling my neighbor Amanda about this adorable little story, thinking nothing of it...until I came home from shopping last Friday to a little blue note taped to my front door. It read "Santa asked us to fulfill a little boy's wish for Christmas lights this Christmas!" I looked up and there were lights all over the front of our house! At precisely 5:15 the house started glowing and my kids started screaming! They were SO excited!
THANK YOU SO MUCH JOSH AND AMANDA! You guys are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

teresa-bug said...

That made me cry!! What great neighbors.

adam said...

you have some wonderful neighbors!

Anonymous said...

I loved the story and Crampa would have found a ladder somewhere...but am so thankful that you have neighbors that are so willing to help out....you are truly blessed Gretchen.

Lindsay Coudron said...

Seriously make the pregnant girl cry:) I'm glad that you have great neighbors!!!

andrea said...

what a great christmas story! i'm so glad you have good neighbors who look out for others!