Tuesday, December 3, 2013

God's Provisions

It was hard to go back to work yesterday after the four day weekend. Can I get an Amen? It was harder than the normal Monday. It was harder than the normal four-day-weekend-Monday. It was one of those mornings where I wanted to lay in bed, kicking and screaming "no! I won't go!" until I finally got my way. Well, that didn't happen (the getting my way, not the kicking and screaming- that really did happen). So I went to work and did what I do. But I sit here today (at the coffee shop) thinking again about how I don't want to go to work today. I want to sit here and write all day long. And I want to read the hilarious (yet somehow educational) book that I bought Sunday. I want to be inspired. I want to inspire others. But I don't know how that can happen. I don't know how I can fully vest myself in that without changing a lot of other things in my life. And I'm 99% sure my husband is panicking while reading this right now, fearing that I'm going to quit my job and spend 9 hours a day at the coffee shop writing and reading. (Calm down hubbs, I won't do that!)
My mother-in-law is moving across the country in just a few short weeks. She's going to Scobey, MT...population 1074, to teach kids about Jesus. Ahhh! She is seriously AH-MAY-ZING! If there ever was an inspirational  person in this world, it's my mother-in-law. She felt that God was maybe calling her in a different direction in life, so she took a two week vacation for some clarity, and came back and announced to her family that she was moving! She doesn't know how it will all work out, and she really hasn't figured out all the details, but she is trusting that God will provide and that this is what He's calling her to do. I mean, if you're gonna move across country to a teeny tiny town, twenty miles from Canada (or whatever is it), it better be for a good reason (Hey Jesus!). I just admire her courage. I admire her strength. And I admire her faith in the Lord and for trusting in His provisions. And...I want that. I want to love like that. I want to trust like that. I want faith like that. I want to do what I am passionate about in life like she has done over the past 25 years of her life. 

"The longer the journey, the higher the risk, the greater the need for provision." 

No comments: