Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas with the Coynes!

Yesterday, we celebrated our first Christmas together as a family of four! It's so crazy to think that just last year at this time, Charlie and I were newly dating, texting 1500 times a day, and absolutely infatuated with each other after only spending a few days together. I looked back at a picture of the kids and me from last Christmas and although life has always been good with my kids, it's awesome to know that things have changed so much for all of us this year. Having Charlie in our lives has been a true blessing. He has brought the "boy" out in Anderson, he's shown Lills how a good man behaves, and he's been a rock for me and this family. (It goes without saying that there have been struggles, of course.)
Yesterday was my first Christmas with the Coynes and it was just as great as I imagined it would be. Last year I remember getting all these texts from Charlie and facebook messages from his sister telling me that I should go over and meet the whole family. WHOA! Although I definitely would have if I could, I just couldn't slip away from my family Christmas to go meet everyone. But this year, being a part of that Coyne family Christmas, was perfect. I'm so grateful for such amazing in-laws. I know not everyone gets so lucky! The day was great and it was the perfect way to kick of the Christmas week!

No comments: