Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Holy moly I cannot believe that it's already 2013! There was a time when I wondered if 2012 would ever end! The end of 2012 turned out to be INCREDIBLE and I am so excited to start this new year! Here's a quick look back...

January: My 30th birthday turned out to be pretty incredible thanks to my girls! I was SO excited to turn thirty! For whatever reason I thought turning thirty would change my life! haha! Well, I guess in some ways it did...and still is!
February: I went on my first cruise! My brother took me to the Bahamas to help me get away from life for a few days and to celebrate my thirtieth! It was absolutely wonderful! Although the weather was a little chilly, it was so much fun to go away with my brother! I can't wait to do it again!
March: My precious baby boy got baptized! This may be my top memory of 2012! It was also this month that I had an epiphany about the "type of person" I was becoming (or maybe always had been?). It was this month that I admitted aloud (errr, on my blog) that I felt a calling to be something more than just a mom. I addressed that feeling that had been tugging at my insides...that feeling that I wanted to "do life" with someone. I wrote about it here.
April: Easter is always one of my most favorite times of the year, and this year was no exception! I just love getting the kids dressed up and spending the Sunday with my family! There's nothing better!
May: My sweet little girl turned SIX! We had a fun little party at home and just celebrated our fabulous little Lills!
June: We took our first big road trip with my kids, my cousin, and her kids. Four kids in the car for five hours actually turned out to be a lot of fun! Later in the month my cousin and I took a much-needed kidless vacation to Florida! It was SO much fun and I CANNOT WAIT to go back this year!
July: What a hottttttttttttt month! Whew!
August: My Lilly started first grade and my baby boy started Junior Kindergarten. Ridiculous how quickly my kids are growing.
September: Anderson had his first major accident...this was a big deal in our house as we had never had something like this happen!! He ended up being totally fine, but it was scary to take the little guy in to the doctor for a gash in his head!
October: This was an awesome month for me professionally!
November: I had dinner with a few old friends from high school...life changing dinner! It's always nice to catch up with old friends, but to top it off I started talking to the most incredible man EVER!
December: We finished the year off with a bang! We had a great Christmas with family and the kids got to spend some time with their Dad.

Overall I was pumped to ring in the new year but even more than that, I am so excited for big things that are going to happen in 2013! Here's to another year of blogging!

1 comment:

Amanda: said...

Can't wait to see how your 2013 unfolds :)