Friday, January 18, 2013

Birthday Perfection, Y'all!

My thirty-first birthday was absolutely perfect! The kids and my mom celebrated with me a few days early since my mom wouldn't be able to be up here on my actual birthday! The kids gave me a couple presents, which I loved, and of course we all went to lunch!
My actual birthday started out much like most other mornings with the kids jumping in bed with me and groaning about having to go to school! After I quickly reminded them of the enormity of the day's event (hello, your mother was born this day 31 years ago!), they both sang many renditions of the "Happy Birthday" song, until I finally begged them to stop! (Don't get me wrong, it was cute the first 3498 times!)
My dear work family made the day special too! My darling friend Sally brought me an "office survival kit" which included Sharpies, post-its, candy, snacks, and other things. You know you have a good friend when she knows exactly what color of Sharpies to bring you (Valley Girl Violet and Leg Warmer Orange)! Thank you Sal! Then my friend Lori brought me another goodie bag with more candy (notice a trend?), a picture frame, and a super cute scarf (cannot wait to wear it!)! THEN....imagine my surprise when a super handsome man came strolling in, cake and balloons in hand! Holy. Cow.
We ended the day with our normal Wednesday routine- ballet and dinner! It was the best birthday EVER and I feel RIDICULOUSLY blessed to have so many awesome people in my life! Love love love love!

No comments: