Tuesday, January 29, 2013

When Change Is A Good Thing...

I'm a self-proclaimed control freak. I am also very much a creature of habit. I absolutely freak at the idea of change and I slightly panic when things are out of whack. But I'm starting to learn that sometimes change can be a good thing, and taking a giant leap of faith is sometimes okay.
For most of my adult life, and especially since I've become a mom, I've relied heavily on my mom and even my brother. I've counted on them to carry me through tough times. I've counted on them to pick me up when I fall. I've counted on them to guide me through the dark times and through the crooked streets of life. I've looked to them as examples on how to do things the "right" way...how to be strong and independent...how to stand up to adversity and come out a changed and better person.
Today I broke some big news to my mom...some news that is bound to change things, in my opinion, for the better. With the excitement in telling her also came the realization that things won't be the same as they've been for the past seven years. For me, it's a chance for me to take hold of my life and to take my family in a new direction. I'm excited to see where things are headed for me and the kids, but scared to think of how things will change the familiarity of my core family. My mom, brother, and I have always been so close and adding someone new to the mix will definitely change things, but I'm ready to do this...for me and for the kids. I know that I deserve this, and even more so I know that my kids deserve it too.

....stay tuned y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So when's the wedding?