Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Dinner

So what started as an innocent dinner with old friends would be the dinner that truly changed my world. You can call that dramatic as you want, but oh...my...goodness! The three girls I went to dinner with that night were all talking about the dating world...at that time I was casually seeing someone so when a friend mentioned that someone from our hometown had asked about me, I kinda blew it off. But later that night I got to thinking about it. After very little convincing from my cousin, I sent this fella a message on Facebook. He was overseas at the time and so his responses came sporadically, but over the next few weeks we emailed back and forth and made plans to meet up once he got back. Honestly at that time I never really thought I'd actually meet up with him (sorry babe!). But then....on Thanksgiving day I got a message from his sister that he had been involved in a little accident and that he was in the ER. WWWHAT?! Two things...the fact that his sister thought to email me and let me know what was going on with him absolutely meant the WORLD to me. It showed me that he had been talking to her about me. She knew who I was. And she thought enough of me, based on what he had told her, to think that I'd want to know. OOOH I absolutely love her for emailing me! The second thing about finding this out was that I was truly bothered by the fact he was hurt. I can't even describe the feelings that came over me when I heard that he was hurt. It crushed me a little...probably more than it should have for someone I knew so little about. But for whatever reason, I just wanted to hear his voice and know that he was okay (yes, this was someone I had only been talking to for a month, via email!). The best thing that came out of this whole accident was that he was holed up inside for the rest of his vacation and was "stuck" talking to me! haha! We texted each other the entire weekend and had some pretty intense conversations. I could tell, even then, that we were headed toward something pretty awesome!
We've spent a lot of time together over the past month, and writing about how incredible it's been wouldn't give it the credit it deserves. I can honestly say that I've spent YEARS with people in the past and I've never had the conversations that he and I have had in just four weeks. I could write for twenty-four hours straight about all the things I like about him and it still wouldn't be enough time. He is a Godly man. He has a giant heart. He truly cares about people. He wants the best out of life. He commits 100% to everything he does. And most importantly, he's become one of my most favorite people to spend time with, and I can't wait to see what happens in the future.
"So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart." 2 Timothy 2:22