Saturday, December 1, 2012

I Want That

Have you ever been around someone who just really challenges you...like challenges you to be a better person? And somehow, it seems unintentional  on their part. You see the way this person lives and just is and you long for that for yourself. I'm not talking about someone having things that you don't have, it's not about money or material things at all. It's truly a way of life-- the way they live. You look at them and you see what a GOOD person they are and you just wonder HOW they do it. And when you hear their story you think, "that's not too far off from what I've been through..so why am I not like that?" And the answer is simple. It's a choice. A choice to just do the right thing.

I think we all have our own version of "right" and we all have our own measure of "goodness"... but what if we all lived for the same standards? What if we all chose to live God's version of "right" and lived to seek His measure of "goodness"? I wonder what that would look like? 

No comments: