Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Heeeeey girrrrrrrl!

My daughter has been quite the entertainer in our house as of lately. Yesterday she informed us about the drama in her kindergarten class. "Evan brought a real phone to school today and called the cops on NaRiah. But the cops didn't show up. Mrs.Summers called Evan's mom and he's going to be in so much trouble." Wow.
(I've never used the word "cop" around my children. She said she learned it from NaRiah. I promise.)

Halloween costume shopping for the kids is expenssssssive. Anderson wanted to be an airplane. Target had the cutest airplane costume, but of course neither of the stores close to us had his size. He settled for a garden gnome! HILARIOUS. I'd upload the picture of him, but I have to save it for Halloween! (Stay tuned!) Lilly has been begging to be Rapunzel. She saw the wig and dress at Target a few weeks ago, and I didn't buy it then...BIG MISTAKE. Every Target from here to Granger is sold out. I now have Aaron looking in MN. We found the costume and wig at Toys R Us, but the wig is $24.99 and the dress is on sale for $19.99. I cannot justify spending $45 on a Halloween costume.

So, I recently "discovered" that I've gained over ten pounds since meeting JM. EEEEK. Thank God he's so understanding and loves me regardless of my added cushion. My motivation has officially headed in a new direction, starting right now. Ten pounds? Seriously? UUUUGH!

The kids and I head to FL in a little over a week! I am SO insanely ready to get away with my little boogers! The kids are SOOOO excited to go to Sea World! (I may be even more excited than they are about it!)It's going to be the perfect little weekend getaway for us. They're looking forward to flying and staying in a hotel. (I'm not.) But it is pretty cute seeing my little travelers in the airport!

I've been trying to sell my treadmill, a twin bed, and my kitchen table on Craigslist. Although I've had quite a few interested people, none of them have panned out. I want to get rid of these items IMMEDIATELY so that JM can have the other side of the garage. It's getting colder at night and I hate that he has to climb into a freeezing cold car in the morning. If anyone knows of anyone in my area who might be interested in any of these things, PLEASE let me know!

I've been "encouraged" to apply for yet another position at work. After the previous experience and disappointment (remember?), I'm not sure I have it in me to go through it again. JM is the only person I've discussed this with, and I am really thinking it through carefully before making any moves. After going through the last interview process, I took quite the beating. I'm just not sure I want to do it again, especially if the outcome is the same. As much as I want to take chances and "move up" in the company, I'm just not sure if right now is the best timing for it all. I need to really decide if this would be best for my family. I'm praying about it and would appreciate prayers from ya'll too. This grown-up stuff is hard!!!

No comments: