Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Road trippin' together!

So I briefly mentioned yesterday about our trip to Cleveland last weekend! We had such a good time that I felt like it deserved it's own post! I've only spent a couple hours in the car with JM at a time, so this big trip was sure to be quite the adventure. We left my house, behind schedule, around 10 o'clock Saturday morning. The trip was supposed to take around four hours, but about an hour into the trip we decided to ditch the directions, and just wing it the rest of the way. JM pretty much knew what roads would lead us to our destination, but we still kinda took whatever route our little hearts desired. We went through quaint towns with small street festivals, college towns painted orange and brown ("We're falcon awesome!"), and even drove past (and turned back around to see) an alpaca farm! We stopped a couple hours into the trip for snacks. This is why JM is the BEST road trip partner EVER...he comes out with a bag full of goodies! Anything you could possibly want on a road trip, we had it! We got close to our destination, only to pull off for a little impromptu shopping trip.

JM brought a tie, but we wanted to try to be "that couple" for the wedding-- the ridiculously disgusting couple who matches their outfits to each other. Puke, right? Four stores and almost an hour later, we stopped into Kohls. We dug through the ties for awhile, when I suddenly found THE perfect tie to match my dress! Although the tie was slightly putrid, it matched. JM said if the tie was less than $8 he'd buy it, but otherwise he wasn't going to waste money on something he'd never wear again. As JM prayed under his breath for the tie to be at least $9, I pulled the tag around and BAM...$3!!!!!!!!! Defeated (yet secretly delighted at the perfect match), JM bought the tie! We got a TON of compliments on our matching colors at the wedding! And the tie was a success, to say the least!


The trip home Sunday morning was equally as entertaining, even though we stuck to the main roads so we could make it home quicker. JM tuned in to a polka station a couple hours into the trip...ummmm yeah. Interesting. (I knew that JM was loyal to his Polish heritage, but I had NO idea the extent to his love of polka music. Wow!)

Overall, I have ZERO complaints about our trip! It was so much fun spending time with him, one-on-one. I was so relaxed and carefree during the entire trip (something I never would have done in the past!)! It was nice to just sit back and let JM take control and lead us on this little adventure! It was fun to flip through the radio stations and belt out silly songs together!

I said this to be cheesy to JM on the trip, but I truly mean it...I'd go anywhere with him!

2 comments:

jeff said...

Best trip ever baby! Can't wait to do it again, ur so loved.
x90

Megan said...

Awwww! So cute :)....and love the matching outfits ;)