Monday, September 26, 2011

Another great weekend!

It's been a few days since I've posted anything, so I'll do a quick update!

Thursday I left straight from work to head to Lansing for our annual in-service for work. It's a great time for our work family to join together, chit-chat over good food and wine, and just let loose before the in-service meetings the following day. We went to PF Changs for dinner, followed by a couple cocktails at a local college dive bar. It was a great time and it's nice having JM with me at these things now!

Friday morning we got up early for the in-service! It was a great day and proved to be very informative! After the meetings, JM and I headed back to Fort Wayne to meet up with my brothers, my kiddies, and mom. It was the first time my brothers would be meeting JM! We all had such a great time and I think JM really enjoyed his time with my brothers! This is huge for me, as my family is such a MAJOR part of my life! It was nice to see that they all loved him as much as I do!

Saturday morning, JM and I had to leave early to go to Cleveland for a wedding. It would be our first road trip together! We had a BLAST taking little back roads, driving through small towns, and just laughing and talking for almost five hours! He's a perfect road trip partner!! (Of course!) This was the first time I met his high school and college friends, and I have to admit I had been a little nervous about it. But of course, they were all amazing and it was an INCREDIBLE night!

Sunday morning we hit the road early to get back to the babies! Although it had been a GREAT weekend with just JM, I was ready to get back to the kids and to finally be HOME. While I unpacked from the weekend and started laundry, JM cuddled up with the kids on the couch. I think they secretly missed us as much as we missed them!!

It was a PERFECT weekend, and I am so grateful for an amazing family and boyfriend!

1 comment:

adam said...

i'm glad we were able to spend time with you all! :)