Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kindergarten overload.

I'm exhausted FOR Lilly! I knew that starting school would be a big change for all of us, mostly Lilly of course, but I had no idea how much it would impact me! It seems like we are constantly running here or there, doing this or that, and writing, cutting, pasting, or reading SOMETHING. Although we've always been a "bedtime story" kinda family, finding the time to dedicate twenty solid mintues of uninterrupted reading everyday, has proved to be challenging. The past two days we have had so much going on right after school that by the time we get home, make dinner, and finish eating, it's almost time for bath, books, and bed. I see my kids for about 2 hours in the evenings (on a good night), and for about an hour in the morning. I miss the little boogers! Lilly also just started ballet and tap yesterday. After a forty-five minute class, right after school, she looked EXHAUSTED! My poor baby!! And to think...this is only KINDERGARTEN! Ugh!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

It doesn't get any better! :( But with time you'll figure out a great schedule and it'll be fine. :) Promise!

adam said...

the beginning of the school year is always difficult. in a couple months you'll have everything figured out! it's all about routine! :)

Lucky Chance said...

It's not that our routine is out of wack, it's just that there isn't enough time in the day! We used to get some "down" time before bed, now it's just go-go-go!