Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lucky Me!

I told myself at the beginning of the month that I was going to be dedicated to my blog this month. I wanted to redo my headline, change up some themes, and make an effort to blog at least five days a week. Well, it's now the 6th and I've already failed! Whoops! So, let me catch you up on the past few days! Friday turned out to be FABULOUS! After thinking that I wouldn't see JM until I went to MI for Labor day festivities, I was excited to hear that he had changed his mind and would be joining me for the evening! The kids were SO excited to see his car in the driveway when we got home! He's amazing and anything more than a few days apart from him just bums me out! We hung out, spent some quality time with the babies and then grabbed a late dinner that night! It was perfect!
Saturday was spent like most other Saturdays...shopping with Mom and the babies! JM had to head home early to take care of a few things (ha) before my arrival on Sunday. (Code for: Michigan football game at 3pm!) Mom took the kids home with her on Saturday evening because I was leaving early the next morning for Grand Rapids. It was very very very weird to be home alone that night-- no babies and no JM. As awkward as the silence was, I actually enjoyed it and really took the time to get a couple things done. Sunday morning I was up bright and early to hit the road for MI. This would be only the second time I went to JM's house. I was nervous and excited at the same time! Although I had briefly met his parents and sister, this would be the first time I met the extended family. THEY. WERE. AMAZING! He has the most incredible family! Spending time with JM and his family made me fall in love even more with him. He's such a lucky guy to have such an awesome family! They were great! Monday I made the drive back to FTW and then onto Wabash for the Hahn Labor day BBQ. Although it was little chilly, it was still so much fun to spend time with my family! My kids had so much fun with all the aunts and of course their little cousins! After a weekend like this, I can't help but feel so blessed to have such a great group of people surrounding me. I have the most precious babies, the best parents ever, a wonderful extended family, and of course the world's best man. I would say this weekend was an epic success!

No comments: