Sunday, February 28, 2010

Crock Pot Cooking

After a fourth week of a menu consisting of tacos, spaghetti, pizza, and hotdogs and mac and cheese, I decided to take action. Everyone keeps telling me how easy crock pot meals are. I looked through a cookbook especially for crock pot meals, and still didn't find anything that tickled my fancy. So, I began searching online on Aaron's favorite recipe site, thinking maybe I could whip something up as good as he always did! I mentioned in a previous posting that I had pork chops in the freezer that I'd been meaning to use, but just couldn't find a recipe that seemed fool-proof enough for me! Well, I think I finally found one! I'm not going to try them tomorrow because I have a roast in the crock pot now in preparation for beef and noodles tonight. (Which we will eat again tomorrow as leftovers!) But I plan to try them Wednesday! I'm very excited to start learning to make new meals for me and the kids. Wish me luck! And send on your crock pot meals!

5 comments:

adam said...

good! let me know how they turn out!!

Anonymous said...

I would not go with the hamburger and potato casserole..it smells disgusting when it bakes...God I hate that smell...LOL


dad

teresa-bug said...

I don't use my crock pot enough...I look forward to hearing how they turn out. Good luck!

Kelly said...

I've used a cookbook made especially for crockpots called "Fix it and forget it" Just normal every day meals only so much easier. Can probably get it at wal-mart.

Unknown said...

i've got a great recipe for chicken tortilla soup that you do in the crock pot. it's yummy and super easy. let me know if you want it and i'll email it to you!