Tuesday, February 23, 2010

27 vs 28..It's on!

I hear Lilly say it all the time, "Mom, when I get older can I _________?" I just laugh and think about how ridiculous it is to think of Lilly and Anderson as older! I was holding Lilly in church last Sunday wondering if she's too old to be held (personally I don't think they're ever too old to be held!)But she's so tall (and I'm so short) that when I'm standing up holding her, her little feet dangle to my knees! But enough about size...I'm talking age.

I've been making plans to meet up with an old friend who I haven't seen in well over ten years. We're pretty much the same age (I think he's maybe a year younger than me), but his idea of fun and mine seem a little distorted! While I can understand his intentions of wanting to do something "fun" and "crazy" on his little mini-vacay to Indiana (which is just CRAZY fun in itself!)I just can't help but be exhausted at the thought of the ideas he's thrown out! LOL!
So I wonder...am I just old? Can I not "keep up" with someone who is literally a year younger than me? LOL! Is the leap from 27 to 28 that brutal? LOL! I think not! I think it's just me! I'm a prude! A TIRED prude at that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You aren't a tired prude, you are a responsible mother of two amazing children! There is a HUGE difference!