Thursday, September 20, 2012

You Should Know...


  • I am super excited that football has started back up and I no longer get Tigers alerts on my phone. (Note to self: unsubscribe to Lions alerts)
  • Loving the cooler temps, but dreading the winter! Still convinced I need to move somewhere with temperatures ALWAYS in the 70s! (Lilly won't move unless we're living close to Taylor Swift. And Anderson won't move unless you can convince him that he can have a birthday no matter WHAT state you're in.)
  • We recently "passed" our accreditation audit at work, which means even with the crappy hand we were dealt, our staff rallied together nicely and fixed a lot of "broken" stuff and came out with a clean audit. This is huge!!! Well done work family! 
  • We got rid of a toxic entity at work, and although it's unfortunate, it needed to be done and I can't say I'm too awfully upset about it. When someone makes everyone else question their role in a company, there's something wrong. I doubted myself more in the last three months than I have in my whole life...and that's a scary revelation. 
  • Slowly making strides to come to some new agreements with Aaron in regards to the kids' visitation. ...to be continued...
  • Loving the new iOS 6.0 software update on my phone! Hello fun emoticons!!! (Thank you Ace!)
  • Speaking of my phone, a couple of my friends will be pleased to know I finally removed all my icons from their mysteriously placed folders! LOL!
  • Been feeling a little more motivated to "do me" again. To say that I lost myself during the first few months of the year would be the understatement of the millennium. I got extremely caught up in things post-JM that I lost sight of the progress and growth I had made over the previous year. 
  • Lilly is doing exceptionally well in first grade. She was student of the week during the third week of school, gets "coupons" almost weekly for good behavior, and seems to have matured a lot since last year. Now, this is not to say that we don't still have toddler-like meltdowns around here, but for the most part I can see the maturity progressing. 
  • Anderson just got his first haircut since July! All that hair wasn't pretty and only drew attention to his already big head! God love that kid! 
  • I haven't had a massage for over a year. I think it's about time. Think I can convince someone to buy me a Columbus Day present? Any takers? 
  • I took a PTO day tomorrow just so I could get caught up on things around my house. I haven't mowed the lawn in well over two weeks. I'm sure my neighbors would appreciate it if I did that tomorrow. And I imagine my kids wouldn't hate it if I actually made some real food (NOT that an egg sandwich and hot chocolate isn't an amazing weekday dinner!) for once! And my white kitchen floor (who does that?) could definitely benefit from a deep scrub. So much for a relaxing day, huh?
  • I'm slightly addicted to The Voice now (thanks Joseph). And I'll be damned if I don't cry at least once during every single episode. What's THAT all about?  

No comments: