Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dashboard= Good for my Soul!

When I was in college, I was introduced to THE MOST incredible band EVER. My boyfriend at the time had a twin brother who was super into this band-- I thought it was all the rage so I HAD to hear it. I was HOOKED from the second I heard them. This is EXACTLY my kind of music. My favorite thing about them is they're NOT all the rage and not THAT many people have actually heard of (or enjoyed) their music. Over the years I grew to love the band more and more but the one that I absolutely fell IN LOVE with was their unplugged album. (I hear myself getting lamer and lamer as I write this, but I don't care!)

The unplugged album also came with the dvd of their performance on MTV. I remember watching that stinkin' dvd until it wouldn't play anymore. Every single night I'd turn it on to fall asleep. Their music got me through so much "stuff" in my life. I remember moving into my new apartment with my roommate Jill. I stayed up late one night, dissecting each song, learning the meaning behind each one (I was an English major, this is what I do). It only made me love their music even more. I remember making posters of their lyrics and hanging them all over my room. I think my mom thought I was suicidal! LOL! But honestly, there is something to be said about music and lyrics like that.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hands Down this is the best blog I can ever remember...