Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I apologize for my lack of posts lately, but I've been extremely busy with the new role at work, too busy having fun with the kids after work (new swing set and perfect weather), and just living a very boring life to have anything newsworthy to blog about. But...I had to share my Mother's Day 2012 with you!

Lilly's kindergarten class had a Mother's Day Tea a couple weeks ago! As a person who doesn't really "dig" socializing with other parents, I was dreading going to the tea, to be quite honest. Of course I wanted to be there for Lills and I wanted to share the morning with her, but...those things can be awkward, no? But of course I went...and I'm SOOO glad that I did. I was greeted by my precious little lady and a handmade tye died corsage, which I proudly wore! Her teacher had set up different stations for us to work through, including one where we could make a necklace with her fingerprint, one to pet live chicks that the class had been "growing" (as Lilly referred to it), a puzzle and game area, and multiple other ones. My favorite station was reading books that Lilly had written. The one titled "My Mother's Day Book" was my favorite because it's so funny (hilarious actually) to see how she perceives me! It goes a little something like this: 

Page one: a pic of me
Lilly said, "Sorry about your big hands. I'm terrible at hands!" Personally, I love them ! 

Page two: fill in the blanks about me

My mom is 31 years old. 
My mom is 31 feet tall. 
Her favorite food is mackin cheese.
Her favorite tv show is 16 in praginit.
Her favorite thing to do is spind time by her self.

This is the part of the Mother's Day Tea that I turned bright red!!! I don't watch 16 and Pregnant (at least not with my children, I SWEAR!!)! And although I love my alone time, it's not my most FAVORITE thing to do! My poor children!!!! I had to just laugh about it though!! Her teacher and I were talking on the way out to the playground, both laughing hysterically about what she had written. Mrs. Summers said "I tell Lilly all the time that her mommy and I should hang out because we're exactly the same!!" 

I'm so glad that I was able to spend a few hours in Lilly's classroom with her! I honestly think I had even more fun than she did! It's so nice to see her in a different environment than what I normally do. She seems so grown up. I cannot believe our first year of "real" school is almost over. I'm so proud of my little girl! She's just perfect to me!


 

No comments: