Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Perfect Morning

There's something to be said about random days off.  As I sit outside for the second morning in a row, listening to the new John Mayer album (which I highly recommend...and only $11 on iTunes), drinking a fattening vanilla caramel latte (which I'll work off at the gym in an hour from now), I just can't help but have an overwhelming sense of satisfaction. Life is good. I think I overload myself with worrying about all the wrong things, so often. I think I oftentimes worry about things that will (eventually) all fall into place on their own, if I could would just step out of the way.

I had another Mom moment this morning after I dropped off the kids at school. You know that feeling that you get when your morning goes perfectly? The feeling that you are so adored by your own children that nothing else matters? Both of the kids were in great moods this morning. Lilly didn't complain about the outfit I had picked out for her (this is a rarity so it must be noted), Anderson got dressed in less than 20 minutes (another rarity around here!), and there was only one minor argument between the two of them that was squashed in 10 seconds! As I dropped them off to their respective classroom doors this morning, they both turned around to tell me they loved me an extra time! It's the little things.




3 comments:

Kara said...

Just wanted to say I've enjoyed reading your blog. I don't mean to be a creeper, but I spend the majority of my day dedicated to my couponing/deals blog, and you've kind of inspired me to do a personal blog. I miss writing and getting out my thoughts. I've been a working mom, and now am a full time student, work-from-home mom, full time blogger with one child that is involved in a lot of extracurriculars. I definitely need to do what you do and take some time to get out my thoughts. I can't even remember the last time I just sat down and THOUGHT about anything going on within myself. So thanks for that!

Amanda: said...

Those kinds of days are my favorite. I think the key is remembering those golden moments even when it's a less than stellar day and nothing is going your way :)

g said...

that boy gets SO distracted...getting him dressed was the worst part of babysitting. lol it took FOREVER!!!