Thursday, July 21, 2011

They're gone...

The kiddies are en route to Minnesota right now. They left this morning around 9. They were both RIDICULOUSLY excited to go, but this Mama was ridiculously sad to see them go.

Aaron got to town yesterday around 6pm. The kids and I met him at our FAVORITE Mexican restaurant, Cebollas, for dinner and then ran to Target for a few last minute supplies for their trip. This was the first time that I insisted that Aaron buy his own kid necessities for his house, rather than taking mine with him (only to NOT return them!). The evening went well, considering (our disdain for one another). After our quick shopping trip, the kids and I went home (Aaron stayed with a friend) and began the wretched chore of packing. Ugh!

This morning went well. Aaron came over first thing, loaded up the car, packed a cooler, and they were on their way....

I made both kids PROMISE to call me everyday (although I know they won't WANT to talk to me everyday!) and made them pose for a quick picture on their way out the door. As every other time, I know the kids will have a GREAT time with their Dad, and I REALLY do want the break from reality...but I cried for a greater part of the nine o'clock hour thinking about how my little loves won't be home when I get off work tonight, or there in the morning when I wake up. Here's to making the most of these next seven days!

3 comments:

teresa-bug said...

Lilly looks like such a big girl in this photo. : (
Enjoy your week and your company!

Unknown said...

Gretch, you know my situation is a lot like yours . . . my ex lives in Arizona these days and my little one gets to see him about once a year.

Well, that visit just happened. She always comes back with stains set into her clothes, missing socks, etc. But this time took the cake: she was missing her iPod shuffle AND her Nintendo DS. Next time, I will be sending her with the clothes on her back and nothing more.

I hope you can enjoy the week to yourself! It is hard to go from 100% of the responsibility to not having them there, but it is necessary for you to recharge!

Lucky Chance said...

Thanks Teresa, I'll sure try! Lilly is getting to be WAY too big :( She starts school in a few weeks! Eeek!

Court, I would FLIP if they came back with clothes missing...let alone electronics missing! How does that happen! LOL! I'm TRYING to enjoy the alone time, and they've already called four times (in less than 24 hrs)..so far I'm holding it together! LOL! Thinking of you always, girl!