Monday, July 25, 2011

"PURE" Perfection!

Being that JM is from Michigan, I can't help but give him a hard time everytime I hear a "Pure Michigan" commercial. Although Tim Allen's voice makes the numerous Michigan lakes and other attractions seem incredibly enticing, I can't help buy get a chuckle at how desperate the state of Michigan sounds with their constant ads! It's impossible to listen to the radio on the way to work without hearing a Pure Michigan commercial at least twice! It becomes obnoxious!
Well, this was the first weekend I went to Grand Rapids to meet JM's family! First of all, his family is AMAZING! Although I had NO doubts that they would all be fabulous people, I was still a little anxious to meet them. It's kinda a huge deal! JM's family means the world to him and I just wanted to make a good impression.
We got a really late start Saturday morning. It was noon before we even left FTW. We had to drive separately because JM was working from GR on Monday and it wouldn't have made sense for him to come all the way back to FTW. We made a little detour on the way to GR. I was pleasantly surprised that JM was taking me to my uncle's pub in Richland, MI. Although it was a little out of our way, he wanted me to be able to stop in and see my MI family since we were so close! I told you he's perfect!
We finally made our way to GR, met the fam, and then JM took me to Saugatuck. It was the most romantic, relaxing, PERFECT setting! We walked the shoreline for what seemed like miles. We went through the families, the sunbathers, and finally walked to the most secluded part of the beach. It was perfect! Walking hand-in-hand with the most wonderful man, seemingly thinking the same things, stopping every once in awhile for a quick kiss....he made my heart melt. It was perfection, through and through. We stopped in Grand Haven on the way back to GR for a quick bite to eat. Overall the trip, although way too short, was perfect! I think Tim Allen is really onto something! Who knew?!

1 comment:

adam said...

i'm glad that you two had such a good time. i hope that we get to meet him sometime soon!