Saturday, July 4, 2009

POP! BOOM! BANG! POP! BOOOOM! SNAP! SQUEEEEEAK!

Happy 4th! After a boomlicious week, filled with super loud firecrackers, insanely annoying pops, and midnight waking-fits performed by both of my little tots, I've been wondering...what's the fascination one has these idiotic explosives we call entertainment? Why do we get enjoyment out of seeing burning ash float down to the ground? What's the entertainment value from hearing constant booms without the aforementioned flash? My kids are still young enough where the firework spectacle is nothing more than an interruption to their soundly-sleeping innocence. To me, it's just a hassle to hear the madness, knowing that the next "POP" will surely be the one that wakes the kids to a frazzled state! Perhaps in two years I'll look forward to letting off fireworks, lighting sparklers, and watching my kids throw "snappers" at each other's feet (just as my brother always did to me!). Until then however, I'm choosing to sit in bed (wide awake, of course...how could one sleep through the war-like noises outside my bedroom windows?!) and watch the Botson Pops Fireworks Spectacular on CBS!!!! LOL!

No comments: