Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bittersweet

Well, I found out this morning that I got the job at Ross Education. Out of four hundred applicants, they chose ME! I'm honored! I'm excited to get back into the work force.

At the same time though...I'm very apprehensive about leaving my kids. They have never been to a babysitter. They've never had anyone else stay home with them throughout the day other than their mama! Of course I'm incredibly partial, but my kids are precious and the thought of someone enjoying them less than what I would just makes me sad. Of course there's a side of me that knows that this will be good for the kids. They need to be around other people, but I'm not sure I'm ready to completely immerse them into a full day daycare with snotty nosed kids just quite yet. I'm hoping to find someone in high school or college who will be able to come to MY house to watch them. I want them to have someone's full attention, someone who will enjoy being around them, someone who will play with them and be silly with them. I want the kids to have fun while I'm gone and feel like they have someone who can adore them just as much as I could. It's hard because I just don't know many "young" kids around here.

Anyhow, as much as I DON'T want to work full time and be away from the kids right now, I KNOW it's the only option we have. I know that I've been lucky enough to stay home with them for the past three years, but that life is over and it's time for things to change. It's going to be a transition that will definitely take time to get use to, but I know in the long run it'll be best for all three of us.

No comments: