Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Congratulations, but ugh....

As much as I'd love to JUST be happy for my close friends who are making all these life changes, I can't help but be a little envious of them. My dear friends Shannon and Megan just recently got engaged (not to each other, but to Jason and Stephen, respectively). And while I couldn't be MORE excited for either of them, I just can't shake the feeling that while all my friends are progressing in their life, I'm regressing back to the days four years ago when I was still wondering where my place was in this giant universe. Two children, an engagement, and STILL no marriage later, I feel like I'm the only one who is standing still. With the recent changes in my life, (see previous post), I know that everything happens for a reason and I KNOW that this is all in the plan for my life...it's just kinda hard to see it when everyone else around me seems to be moving forward...namely in their relationship. Although I can accept that my life isn't a Hollywood romantic-comedy, I'm having a hard time accepting it as a monotonous screenplay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually maybe this is a romantic comedy...to be honest with you, I have enjoyed the time that I have had the chance to spend with you and the kids...it is nice to have a common bond...but I wish that maybe there had been a better one.:) keep your chim up...growth will come inch by inch

dad

Lucky Chance said...

Dad,
I just got a wise word from my pseudo-husband tonight...maybe this IS the romantic comedy that is in our plan. Perhaps it's just starting out as a dramatic thriller (which is NOT so thrilling to me!) only to conclude with the century's greatest love story! Isn't he sweet! LMAO!
And just for the record, I think it's pretty incredible to have THIS bond with you. No matter how twisted and unexpected, it is what it is...and you gotta love that. And what better way for YOU to "practice" your own recovery? It's that service thing...ya know!

g said...

just hang in there...everything works itself out in the end.