Sunday, August 18, 2013

Back to School..again!

It seems absolutely BONKERS that my youngest baby just started kindergarten this year. And even more than that it's IMPOSSIBLE to think that my little Lilly is in second grade. But...the school year is once again upon us! This time around I've had Charlie by my side through the emotional roller coaster that comes with getting two babies through their (and my) first week back!
Anderson wasn't nervous at all about starting a new school. I definitely think his time at "Junior K" helped tremendously. He was used to a structured day, with lessons and (very little) homework. He handled the transition like a CHAMP! Lilly struggled a little on the first few minutes of the first day back. She walked with us to drop Anderson off to his new classroom, and as we left her little brother behind, her eyes welled up with tears. She knew the names of the kids in her new class, but barely recognized any of them. One of her best friends from first grade transferred to a different school, leaving poor Lills to make new friends (it's rough being seven!)!
As the first few days passed, Lilly seemed to be adjusting just fine. Anderson has already made a few new friends and talks non-stop about his teacher! This makes my heart very happy! Here are a few pictures I was able to snap of them on the morning of day one! How cute are these babies?




Cute little goodie bags for the first day of school!


First day of Kindergarten, 2013



My precious little lady!

First day of Second Grade, 2013

Someone didn't want to leave her baby brother!

1 comment:

Amanda: said...

Awww! We go back to school after Labor Day. Josh is going into Middle School. I'm not sure how I feel about that...............