Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Heeeeeeeeey November 1st!"

Wow, I CANNOT believe we're almost completely through this year. Holy hell it's November! As much as I'd like a redo of this year, I have to say that I'm pleased with where I am right this second (curled up on the couch, under my IU blanket, drinking an ole' domestic beer, and watching the CMA's).
My cousin and I had a long talk, not long ago, about striving to take things day by day. It seems so simple, but it's truly one of the hardest things to do. As a mom we focus so much on planning things out, having routines, and being prepared for EVERYTHING. But...as a person (not JUST a mom) there are certain things in life we just cannot plan for. People come into our life that we hadn't ever expected to. People leave that we never wanted to. Things change that we hadn't planned on. While most people, okay any normal person probably, could just adapt to those things, some of us (me) have trouble dealing with changes.

With the start of the new month I challenge myself (and you, if you need it) to truly try to take things day by day. The biggest thing I'm trying to live is "let it be, until it's not." So often we plan for things that "might" happen rather than living in the moment of what really is. I'm so tired of sabotaging myself because I'm afraid of all the "what if's" in life. Here's to a new month, a new motto (let it be, until it's not), and just taking things day by day.

Good luck friends!

No comments: