Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Ultimate Break

I went on the absolute most relaxing vacation of my whole life and have been on complete "shut off" mode ever since. Joe and I had first talked about going on a little weekend getaway a couple months ago and when someone suggested Tennessee we thought it would serve as the perfect location for the "break from reality" that we were looking for! I found the exact cabin that I wanted, Joe booked it, and a couple months later we were driving to Pigeon Forge, TN for our first vacation together!

The drive there (9 hours?) was actually a lot of fun! Something about Joe's horrific sweet sweet singing was calming, and thanks to Sophie B Hawkins' soothing tunes, I was able to squeeze in a nap through the hills of Kentucky! After an hour of tourist traffic, we arrived to our cabin and locked ourselves in for the night. Pizza, wine, and jammies were the PERFECT way to start off our four day vacay!

I'll spare you with the details of each day of the trip, except to say that it was truly the most relaxing trip I've ever taken. If it's possible to completely clear your mind, I think I accomplished that on this trip. Joe left for a couple hours one afternoon to give me some alone time. It was honestly like an out-of-body experience! I'm not sure if I've felt that peaceful anytime in the past six years of my life. I sat there overlooking the gorgeous colors of the TN scenery and couldn't help but just smile at how happy I was at that moment.






No comments: