Sunday, May 29, 2011

The reason why...

So, I've strayed lately from my normal rants and badgering for the sake of my not-so-cynical readers. However, things have happened in my life recently to make me want to get back to my "normal" writing topics.
As many of you know, Lilly celebrated her fifth birthday last weekend (oy!). Aaron was able to make the trip home, after missing his flight in Chicago (where he was literally three feet from the gate, wide awake (per Aaron's words), and after only a short ninety minute layover). Regardless, he caught a later flight and five hours later he made it to Fort Wayne, and was able to celebrate Princess Lilly's birthday extravaganza with the rest of us.
After Aaron's short five days here, my mind was swirling. Did I miss him? Did I want him back home? Was I just enjoying the homemade meals? Was I enjoying someone else getting the kids ready for bed every night? Was I just being completely lazy? Did I just miss adult company? What was going on in my very confused mind?

It wasn't until today that I got some clarity on all of this...yes, a week later! My friend whom had reached out to me two years ago when I blogged about Aaron, and my experience with him going to treatment, contacted me and needed to talk. She's going through some really confusing things and through it all, the person she had been counting on to go through life with her, was back to his old ways and had once again let her down. She came to me for a listening ear and maybe even a little advice. The conversation we had back and forth was ridiculously beneficial to me and my dilemma with Aaron. Why is it that we are so quick to give "obvious" advice to someone else, but ignore it when it comes to our own situations?

This dear friend told me that I seem to always have the right words to say to her, but if she only knew how much she has helped ME over the past two years...She is an amazing girl and I wish NOTHING but the absolute best for her. She's a very strong girl and I trust that she'll make all the right decisions for herself....just as I know I'll continue doing for myself.

No comments: