Friday, April 6, 2007

Getting through it...

I'm not sure that it's entirely MY place to write this blog, but...I'm going to! Recently I found out that a not-so-close friend of mine is going through a tough time in her life. She feels as though she's all alone and that she's going through something that maybe wasn't supposed to "happen" to her. I am positive that I'm correct in saying that we've ALL felt this way at one time or another in our lives. For me, it was when I found out that I was expecting a child! Oh LORD did I feel like I was going through the most foreign experience that a person could ever go through! Of course I KNEW people who were pregnant or who had babies, but NOT ME! This was NOT going to "happen" to ME, I thought!
My only words of advice to this "friend" are these: First off, you're NOT alone. You have a WORLD of support. There are TONS of people, close to you or not, who believe in you and your ability to get through this. You will make the best decision for YOU and your life...because you have your faith in God. Secondly, read the book "The Purpose Driven Life."

I found this quote the DAY I found out I was pregnant. I had been reading the book "The Purpose Driven Life," even though I wasn't exactly living the life that I "should" have been living. But how ironic that the DAY I found out I was pregnant I would read these following words:
"While there are illegitimate parents, there are no illegitimate children. Many children are unplanned by their parents, but they are not unplanned by God. God's purpose took into account human error, and even sin. God never does anything accidentally, and He never makes mistakes. He has a reason for EVERYTHING He creates."

You WILL make it through this. And you will make the right decision. You will grow to LOVE your decision, and through it all you will have people to love and support you...

No comments: