Saturday, March 31, 2007

Shopping with the Skanks

Oh did we have an experience today. Good God. Let me first start by saying that I, in no way, think I'm better than the next person....oh wait, yes I do, but it's because of situations like today.
Picture this: My well-dressed princess of a daughter and I were shopping at Baby Gap today, when all of a sudden we became bombarded by this missing tooth, shaply lady pushing a stroller (an ugly stroller at that) with a not-so-cute little passenger. The repugnantly dressed lady and her hideously dressed toddler pushed their way in front of Lilly and I to get to the most unattractive items that Baby Gap had to offer. Oh, but that's not all. This creature of a mother had the nerve to tell ME that there were more SALE items on the other side and that Baby Gap didn't usually have many cute things for babies, but that I should try The Children's Place. WAS SHE KIDDING ME? Am I on Candid Camera? Did this lady just tell ME, the mom with the gorgeous bright-eyed stylish baby to go look at another store? No she di'ennnnnt! (Picture me snapping my fingers while saying di'ennnnt in my most practiced Shaniqua voice!) Could she not tell that my daughter was already dressed in Baby Gap gear and that I clearly knew what I was doing? Perhaps she should take a look at MY child to get a better grasp on what was acceptable for small children to be wearing. UGH! I'm use to getting judged (because I look young and lack the left-hand ring) by the soccer-mom type but this is a first for me...getting judged by the trashiest of white trash...
With this said, I stand firm in my belief that children, no matter what their God-given physical traits may be, look better when dressed well...meaning that there's still hope for the daughter of this cow-of-a-lady! Enough said...

No comments: