Thursday, June 27, 2013

It'll Happen

I could write a book about things that are bound to happen to my family within a week of the wedding...here are just a few examples:

  • Anderson will fall face first into the cement while riding his bike, leaving a giant roadrash souvenir behind on his precious, soft little cheek.
  • I will gain just enough weight to make my dress fit a little snug in all the wrong places.
  • Lilly will limp for two days due to a dodgeball injury three days before the wedding...the threat of not wearing "fancy" shoes to the wedding providing the only healing power.
  • The weather forcast will change from 0% to 30% to now 60% chance of rain on the day of the (outside) wedding.
  • The event coordinator at the wedding venue will have an already-planned-day-off the day of the wedding.
  • Our pastor's wife, who was due to deliver their third baby the first week in July, will spend this week in and out of the hospital with strong contractions.
  • I will turn into "that bride" that I promised myself and my fiance' that I would NOT become. EEEK!

I could go on and on...With that said, I am holding strong to the hope that things will go off without a hitch on the day of our wedding. And no matter the buckets of rain that are pouring down, the scrapes on my kids' faces, the imperfections of our wedding attire, etc..the only thing that matters is that Charlie and I are getting married before our friends family and starting a beautiful life together! I'm sure it will all be perfect!

No comments: