Sunday, July 28, 2013

I'm a Mrs.!!!!

Well it's official...I'm Mrs.Charles Coyne! Holy moly! It has been four weeks since our wedding and we're slowly adjusting to living as a family of four! It's interesting because Charlie and I didn't live together before we got married, and basically the kids and I have lived on our own for over four years! We I was very set in my ways and it's been quite the change having a man live in the house! Of course it's INCREDIBLE being married! It's soooo great falling asleep next to the man of your dreams (quite literally) and waking up next to him! We've had a few minor frustrations, as I'm sure is normal anytime you blend two adults and two kids, but we've worked through them, and been able to enjoy the married life for the past four weeks!
The wedding day was pretty stress-free, but I'll admit that I have NO IDEA how people have huge weddings! The morning of the wedding, I took off for a bike ride bright and early while my mom stayed with the kids. I took the time to just ride through the foggy morning and sat at a pond near our house, reflecting on the past seven years; the struggles the kids and I had been through, the failed relationships I had experienced, the frustrating moments of single-parenthood, etc...and I was able to clearly look towards my future with a man who I know will always have my back in life, who will always be there for me to help me and support  me through everything. What. A. Feeling. I cried a few tears, said a prayer, and headed back home to start getting ready for what would be the biggest day of my life.
My brother, cousin, and I went to yoga that morning. AAAAAH! Re-lax-a-tion. It was the PERFECT way to kick off the outdoor wedding festivities! Soon it was time to start getting ready for the ceremony...what was supposed to be a partly-sunny day turned out to be a torrential downpour day. As I stood at my back door looking out into the backyard, watching it slowing turn from green grass to a flooded rainwater mess, I simply laughed and said "nicely played weatherman, nicely played!" And so as the trillion texts came in from my friends assuring me that rain on the wedding day meant good luck (whatever), I was off to Roanoke, windshield wipers on full blast, ready to marry my best friend! I had a brief meltdown on the way to Roanoke as I looked to the backseat at my kids thinking that things were about to change so much for all of us (in a good way, of course!!). We prayed together, asking God to have His hands on our family that day and always, to help us with the adjustment of having a stepdad/husband, to give us strength to love like He does, and to allow us to enjoy the day and soak it all in.
I'll spare you the wedding details, but it was all perfect. I wouldn't have changed one thing! The rain broke long enough for our (amazing) photographer to snap a few outside pictures after the ceremony. The dinner was great, our company perfect, and things went off without a hitch. It truly was the wedding of my dreams!
I am so insanely happy and I couldn't have asked for a better man to be married to!

No comments: