Monday, June 24, 2013

Gettin' Close Ya'll!

First let me acknowledge that it has been soooomme time since I last wrote. It wasn't intentional, and my only excuse is that I've been so busy with "life" that writing just hasn't been a huge priority....but the past couple days I've realized that in my head, I've been saying "ugh, I need to blog about this" over and over. I'm now to the point where my mind feels like words are going to start seeeeping out my ears and eyes if I don't get it out on paper (errrr screen?).

So first and foremost I am FIVE days away from my wedding day (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit). I have been very calm and collected for the most part in regards to wedding details. We are having a super small, intimate wedding, so there aren't a lot of details to worry about....but now the fact that we're less than a week away from the nuptials I am FREAKING. OUT. I'm not worried about being married, I'm more worried about getting married. I'm not worried about tripping down the aisle (okay, now I am). And I'm not worried about saying the wrong words or putting the ring on his wrong finger (maybe a little bit now that I mention it)....I can't really put my finger on it, other than to say this is a HUGE deal, and this is so exciting and pee-your-pants-scary all at the same time.

I'm excited to see what life looks like as a married couple and what it will be like to be a family-of-four. I worry about the kids and how they'll adapt (even though they both adore Charlie). I wonder if Lilly will go through a rebellious "you're not my dad" stage. I wonder if Anderson will ever want to hang out with just me now that he has a man in the house to do things with.

I am so excited to start this new chapter in life. A WIFE. Me! A WIFE! Holy cow. It still makes my heart race just thinking about it. I'm excited for my kids to have a loving, Godly man in their life who will love and protect them forever and ever. I am so happy and we are so blessed!!!

3 comments:

teresa-bug said...

I am so happy for you Gretchen! I am sure I will hear all about it. Enjoy every minute! xoxo

Tabitha said...

I cant wait to see pictures! I am sure it will be BEAUTIFUL<3

-Tabitha

Amanda: said...

YAY! So. Excited. For. You!!!!!!!