Tuesday, February 26, 2013

OUR Wedding!

Charlie and I haven't wasted much time....we're already knee deep in wedding planning...and oddly enough, I. ABSOLUTELY. LOVE. IT. I never considered myself a "wedding girl" at all. In fact, I never really wanted a wedding. Ever. But after talking to my mom and Charlie's mom, they both encouraged us to make a bigger deal out of it than what I was originally planning (me and my handsome fiance' on a secluded island reciting vows and then spending the rest of the trip doing nothing but relaxing in the sand!). Once I got the wedding idea in my head, everything has seemed to fall into place perfectly (please say I didn't just curse myself).

Originally we wanted a small wedding on Lake Michigan. How gorgeous, right? But after trying to figure out all the logistical details, we've decided that a local wedding, in the town where he proposed (and we both love) is perfect for us. In addition to that, we're inviting only immediate family (sorry aunts, uncle, cousins, and friends). We chose this for a very specific reason, and I'm already extremely tired of having to justify it. So let me just explain once and for all....Although I know I'm not oooollllllld, I do think that having a wedding at the age of thirty-one is already slightly "nontraditional." Add to that the fact that I have two small kids, and Charlie was previously married (and had a big wedding) and there's more than enough reason to NOT want a huge shindig. I just want the day to be about me and Charlie and what these vows signify for US. I don't want it to be a huge production. I don't want the meaning of the day to get lost in the insignificant details of ribbons, tulle, and burlap. I will not let this day be jeopardized by trivial stressors. I cannot wait to marry Charlie and I am so excited to celebrate our commitment to each other with the people who mean the most in our lives. My biggest wish right now is that our family and friends would understand this and not question our decision to have a small wedding. This is what we're doing and it's what works for us. The day is, after all, about us.

I'm very excited to continue the wedding planning with Charlie! We've had a lot of fun picking out songs, colors, and other small details together. I am going dress shopping with my mom and cousin in a few weeks and to say that I'm dyyyyyying with excitement would be the understatement of the century! I am PUMPED! We have started looking at "fancy" dresses for Lilly and suits for Anderson! Lilly is sooo excited!

I cannot wait to share all the details of our wedding this summer! Stay tuned for more on all that...!

2 comments:

Amanda: said...

It's going to be perfect. Super geeked for you guys :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know why anyone would question this!!! I think that it is romantic and all of reason make seance to if anyone question it then they truly don't understand you as a couple. I think expressing your in front of close family is perfect. Don't listen to the rest of them!! The day is about love not the chocolate fountain!!! Have a blessed day.