Wednesday, April 20, 2011

(Don't) Dump Here

Do you ever feel like you're just a dumping ground for everyone's crap? Sometimes I feel as though I'm TOO approachable and people confide in me TOO much. Sometimes I'd like to stop people, mid-complaint, and explain to them that I have my own "shit" and I don't need to take on theirs also. Of course, I won't do that, but it'd be great sometimes!

Yesterday the tables flipped and I "dumped" on my friend JW. I have really been struggling with some things and I just needed to shoot JW an email and ask him to pray for me, to guide me, and more importantly have him tell me that it was all going to work out fine! After back-and-forth emailing for a majority of the morning, I got the guidance that I needed. Basically, I needed to suck it up, quit whining, and move on! Ha!

Sometimes it's nice to have someone that you can go to with your issues...Someone who knows you're a bit nutty and loves you anyway. Sometimes it's nice to have a friend to not sugarcoat things and just give you the tough love that you NEED.

I was taking a "friend inventory" this morning and I just realize that I have the BEST support system in the whole world. I have the BEST family and friends that anyone could ever hope for.

2 comments:

teresa-bug said...

I am that 'tell it like it is' friend. I am glad to know it is appreciated somewhere. It gets me in a lot of trouble!! But you are lucky to have the network that you do!!

Anonymous said...

We love you and you can ALWAYS DUMP on me anytime..lol, Malissa