Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is it possible....

...that Lilly's voice has changed in the past three days? The kids called this evening to fill me in on their daily events (okay, not really...truth is, I sent Aaron a threatening text that if he didn't have the kids call me I was driving to MN tonight to pick them up!). Lilly was talking like a teenager.
Lilly: "Yes mom? Daddy said we had to call you!"
Me: "EXCUSE ME? You didn't WANT to call me?"
Lilly: "We were playing. I called you now though."
Me: "Geesh, well thanks! So what are you guys doing?"
Lilly: "We're going on the rollercoaster."
Me: "EXCUSE ME??? ROLLERCOASTER? Where's your dad? Let me talk to you dad!"
Lilly (with Aaron in the background prompting): "You need to chill out Mom! We're going to the mall rollercoaster!"
Me: "OOOOOH!"

I'm having a really hard time with the kids being gone, as I mentioned before! I'm sure it's a control thing (even though I'm not controlling AT ALL! Teheheh!)...but I just HATE the idea of not knowing what they're doing, eating, wearing, saying, etc...I trust Aaron 10000% with the kids, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm the mama and I do it better! LOL!

3 comments:

teresa-bug said...

I read your posts and hear Adam's voice. You 2 are SO much alike!!! I am glad you got some time to yourself, I hope you were able to enjoy it a little bit. You deserve it!

andrea said...

i hope you're having fun with the kids back!

::xoxo:: Kimm said...

I know the feeling. I've been doing it for 10 yrs now. It know them better and I can care for them way better than anyone. I feel like other people can keep them alive... but they LIVE b/c of me... I know, I have issues.