Monday, November 30, 2009

Manic Monday

What is it about Monday? Why, other than the obvious requirement of going BACK to work, do we all hate Mondays? Have you found a person who loves Mondays? I haven't. After reflecting upon my Monday, I think I have an idea as to why this specific day stinks so much.

3:17am: Wake up to my precious Anderson knocking on his (open) door. HMMM? Put precious baby back to bed.

4:53am: "DING DING" Text from Aaron: "I love you babe!"....would be sweet, if only two hours later!

5:20am: Wake up to Anderson knocking on Lilly's (open) door, saying "hissy?" Put Anderson back to bed, after showing him that it is still dark outside. "Still night time hunny!"

5:30am: ALARM. ALARM. ALARM. ALARM. Time to get up. GRRRR!

5:34am: Anderson comes into my bathroom. We brush our teeth together. I go downstairs to get him breakfast (which he will eat on a towel, in my bedroom, while I shower!).

6am: Send Anderson into wake Lilly (hissy) up.

6:10am: Get two babies into tub, washed, and dressed. Feed Lilly (on aforementioned towel, on bedroom floor).

7am: Time to go downstairs. Pack my lunch. Get coats on the kids.

7:15am: Out the door, head to daycare/school, and then work.

And this is just a typical Monday MORNING. I won't even go into the work day, for the sake of keeping my job! LOL!

The trick is to figure out a way to make Mondays more tolerable and less manic. Do those two days of the weekend REALLY throw our routine out of whack THAT much? Here's to tomorrow! Thank God for TUESDAYS (?!)!!!!!!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Gretchy- Pack your lunch the night before. Saves you one less step. :)