Friday, September 21, 2007

We're ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Incredible. It's the only word to describe how I feel right now. We had been planning this trip to Chicago for the past two months or so. The plan was to go to Six Flags, but we found out two days before we left that the park was closed for the season (other than on the weekends). Plan B: Brookfield Zoo. Okay! Sounds good to me!

The trip began as any other road trip...scurrying around at the last minute to pack things that Lilly would need, stopping at the bank and the gas station on our way out of town...then a quick stop in Wabash to get my mom and my sister. We were finally on our way to the windy city around 11:30 Wednesday morning. Upon arriving at my brother's house, we planned out what our little vacation would consist of. Adam suggested that we go to the lake at some point. Although I wasn't overly thrilled at the thought of walking my big ole' pregnant ass around the Montrose Harbor for an hour, I agreed and suggested that perhaps we go before dinner so that we could get Lills to bed at a decent hour.

The evening was beautiful. The lake was calm, bright, and set an overall romantic mood. My brothers were busy entertaining Lilly and pushing her in the stroller. Aaron and I strolled hand-in-hand along the harbor, while my mom and Miranda followed closely behind. Everything was just perfect! We made our way closer to the lake, where I begged Aaron to go as close as we could to the edge of the water without actually going in! Everyone else stayed behind on the steps that overlooked the lake. The senery was gorgeous...the skyline in the distance, the water peaceful, the day turning to evening, and the sky a gorgeous blue. Nothing could make the evening better....UNTIL........
Aaron turns me around so that I'm facing him. He gets down on one knee and I about PASS OUT when I hear him say "I love you. I'll always love you. Will you be with me forever and marry me?"
Here's where the romance goes OUT the window......
My response: "SHUT UP! ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!? SHUT UP!"...Followed by me pushing him!
"Is that a yes!?!"
"OF COURSE! YES! OH MY GOSH! SHUT UP!"
Aaron pulled out my DREAM ring and placed it perfectly on my left ring finger, which was shaking uncontrollably!
He stood up and hugged me, and I cried my eyes out!

It's official! I'm the luckiest girl in the universe. I have the most incredible family, the most amazing daughter, and now the most WONDERFUL fiance'! I HAD NO IDEA HE WAS PLANNING ALL OF THIS! He's AMAZING!

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





***And a VERY special thanks to my mom, Adam, and Gary for helping Aaron pull off such a perfect proposal! I love you all very much! ***




5 comments:

adam said...

that made my eyes water a little! you deserve to be this happy, sis. i'm so happy for you and aaron both. love you!

g said...

Awww. I'm happy for you guys. I'm glad the place we went was perfect for your day. Congrats again.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were never getting married? Sucker. Hee-hee, I'm kidding--Congratu-freakin-lations! God, I can't believe Aaron's actually getting married! Maybe there's hope for me after all....

andrea said...

congratulations again!!

chels_03 said...

Hey Gretch, im so happy for you. You deserve this. I hope that you and your marriage can only be as strong as mine. It doesn't get any better than this, enjoy your life and kids.