Thursday, May 17, 2007

A day of rest....huh?

It was brought to my attention today at 6am that my "JOB" is to be a stay-at-home mom and that therefore, I don't GET days off. The ONE day I asked to sleep in I was told that it's my JOB to wake up EVERYDAY with my daughter. Now, typically I have NO problem getting up early, feeding my little tyke, and continuing on with the day's events, however today was quite an exception. You see, Aaron has today off (along with at least one other day this week) and he got home from work at 8:30 last night. And not only did he go to bed at the same time I did last night, he also took a nap yesterday afternoon before his four hour shift at work. HHHHMMM? Maybe it's not the fact that I couldn't sleep in, because honestly, my idea of sleeping in these days is waking up at 7:30 instead of 6:30! But the issue I had this morning was that I was TOLD that stay-at-home Moms don't GET a day off! A DAY OFF? HUH!? I was asking for an extra HOUR of sleep! Are you kidding me?

I'm not complaining about my "duties" as a stay-at-home mom. I LOVE that I have the option to stay home. I'd probably DIE if I had to leave my little sugar at a daycare all day! I just have a BIG issue with someone telling me that since he works 30 hours a week that I NEVER get to sleep in an extra hour when he's PERFECTLY capable of getting up. It goes back to my year-long complaint that DADS just AREN'T MOMS! GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!


So my question to you faithful readers is: SHOULD stay-at-home Moms have a day of rest?

No comments: