Thursday, October 3, 2013

Kokomo Prayers

I got an email from my aunt last night about a friend of hers whose son was living with a brain tumor. The tumor has progressed and is not responding to the medicine, so at this point they've decided to stop treatment. This means the tumor will continue to grow and this young man's earthly life will come to an end. He is in second grade. My Lilly is in second grade.  
I'm trying to not make this about me or about my kids, but it's so hard to not make it personal. I have a second grader. I cannot imagine how these parents must be feeling. I wonder...when you have a child at home who may pass away any day, do you still go to work? Do you still go to the grocery store? Do you sleep? Does the car still get washed? The lawn mowed? Laundry done? 
I think of all the times I gripe at my kids to clean up their mess. Pick up those toys. Put those crayons away. What if I came home one day and I never stepped on another matchbox car that was left in the middle of the floor? What if I never broke up another sibling-argument?  The thought makes me sick to my stomach. It pains me to think of these things. More than that, it kills my soul to know that there are parents all over the world feeling these things. 
My prayer tonight is that this family and young boy feel peace. If you're reading this blog, I don't know if you're a Believer or not, but say a little prayer for this Kokomo family. They need to feel God's presence and they need to know there are people all over the country praying for their little second grader. 

No comments: