Monday, July 2, 2007

Letting go....

We all have a past. I know this. There are a LOT of things from my past that I'd just rather forget...few things I'd take back, but MANY that I'd like to forget. Our pasts make us who we are. I know that I'm a better person than I was in the past, and I'd like to think that I've LEARNED from the past....but that's ME. What about other people? What if the people we love keep reliving the past? What if they always WISH to relive the past? Is that something to be concerned about?
Recently, I've learned a lot about myself, and myself in a relationship. I've found insecurities that I never knew existed. I've also learned that no matter someone's past, you HAVE to look towards the future or you'll kill yourself worrying about what MIGHT happen. People can always GO BACK, but there's nothing you can do to stop them.
I guess at some point in life, we just have to grow up and realize that the past is the past. The only thing we can do is look forward to the future and hope that it all works out how it's supposed to.

No comments: